Saturday 15 June 2013

Hundreds of fish fall out of the sky over remote Australian desert town

Residents stunned as hundreds of fish fall out
of the sky over remote Australian desert town
Residents of a small outback Australian town
have been left speechless after fish began
falling from the sky.
Hundreds of spangled perch bombarded the
650 residents of Lajamanu, shocking local
Christine Balmer, who was walking home
when the strange 'weather' started.
She said: 'These fish fell in their hundreds and
hundreds all over the place. The locals were
running around everywhere picking them up.
'The fish were all alive when they hit the
ground so they would have been alive when
they were up there flying around the sky.
'When I told my family, who live in another
part of Australia, about the fish falling from the
sky, they thought I'd lost the plot.
'But no, I haven't lost my marbles. All I can
say is that I'm thankful that it didn't rain
crocodiles!'
Meterologists say the incident was probably
caused by a tornado. It is common for
tornados to suck up water and fish from
rivers and drop them hundreds of miles
away.

No comments:

Post a Comment